Sr. Systems Administrator / Linux
DealerSocket was founded in 2001 and is an industry leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for the automotive industry. We create and deliver a fully integrated technology platform to car dealerships.
Here is a glimpse into our world:
Job Purpose Summary
To deploy, manage, and automate Infrastructure and Linux based system used in the development and production infrastructure of multiple SaaS applications.
This position requires strong organizational and collaboration skills and partnering with numerous distributed teams is a must for success. It also requires a solid understanding of Infrastructure as code, and multiple devops practices.
The Sr. Infrastructure Engineer will foster operational excellence through streamlined IT process, standardization, and automation.
Essential Job Duties
• Implements and deploys Linux based systems to support business objectives including pre-production and production areas.
• Build, maintain, and configure AWS environments.
• Participates in all phases of systems development, deployment and configuration including performance and availability, monitoring & alerting, data integrity, security and capacity planning.
• Performs all tasks in accordance with Agile project management methodologies, adhere to version & release management, scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures.
• Provides on-call support to resolve and/or escalate production incidents or issues outside normal working hours including support during software deployment/release activities.
• Performs other tasks, including documentation, patching, maintenance and administration of other systems and applications, as needed to meet the objectives of the team and business.
• Mentor Mid and Jr level team members, regardless of their background.
• Provide troubleshooting for all Linux systems and application level outages.
• Using data driven results to prove theories and ideas.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and knowledge
• Demonstrable skills in deployment, configuration, maintenance and administration of Linux operating systems and applications.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience in a SaaS web development environment.
• Ability to write effective technical documentation with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, VLANs, firewalls, load balancers.
• Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash) and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Vagrant or others.
• Demonstrate skills and experience with database server connectivity, including MySQL, Mongo, DB2.
The following skills/experience not required but considered to be a plus:
o Strong virtualization and infrastructure knowledge, especially AWS.
o Experience designing, migrating or building AWS applications
o Experience with continuous software development
o Experience working in a Scrum Agile workflow