The primary responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist is to contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency and obtain payment commitment. You will be required to operate in multiple capacities including collections, issue resolution and customer account reconciliation.
• Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency on past due invoices
• Manage customer portfolio of focus customers primarily related to groups and larger volume dealers
• Daily collection calls while documenting all notes in Intacct financial system related to all customer conversations including emails and letters
• Aid Collections team with final balance customers that need a “second voice” in order to resolve an outstanding balance and avoid 3rd party collection agency placement
• Resolve balances over 91 days to keep up with quarterly aging bucket goals determined by Sr. Management team.
• Work with Collections team members to identify potential problems and help create a resolution that is both help DealerSocket and the dealer.
• Email lockout letters/demand notices to unresponsive and past due customers
• Escalate and work directly with Sales Managers and Customer Success Managers to resolve any product or billing disputes resulting in past due AR balances.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Previous experience in Accounts Receivable, Credit and/or Collections
• Proven capability to escalate, problem solve and work professionally with both internal and external customers
• Educates customers on their alternatives and the ramifications of their actions if invoices are not paid in a timely manner
• Negotiation skills – familiar with payment plans & how to negotiate and prepare them
• Ability to exhibit composure and confidence when dealing with stressful or high-pressure situations
• Works well in a challenging high growth environment that is constantly changing
• Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency with heavy excel
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• A background in either finance or accounting
• Previous experience with Salesforce
• Familiar with credit card transactions, processing, ACH and online payment portals
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (TRAVEL, ETC)
• Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer.
• Some travel may be required at times, but less than 5%.
PERKS & BENEFITS
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
• Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Wellness Program that pays up to $200 per year
• Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!