PEOPLE OPERATIONS GENERALIST
As a People Operations Generalist, you will be responsible for providing the organization with a full range of HR functional support. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention and, in some cases, to reinvent how work is done. As part of our culture, you’ll also have an opportunity to be hands on and work side-by-side with our employees to get things done on a variety of people-related areas. As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support our employees, including performance management, engagement initiatives, and HR policy changes and updates. You will align with the Talent team to the champion the DealerSocket culture.
• Provide operational and administrative support to the People Operations Sr. Director, and front-line support to the managers and employees within designated business unit. Recognize issues and trends and work with senior management to provide insights.
• Coach and counsel management and employees to drive resolution in line with DealerSocket policies, guidelines and employment law. Counsel employees and provide support to managers concerning work related problems.
• Conduct new-hire orientations, HR informational training, facilitate office townhall meetings, and exit interviews for assigned work group.
• Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
• Perform as back-up to all human resource functions as required by workload for leave of absence, benefits, onboarding and recruitment.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years of HR generalist experience supporting senior leaders in the tech industry.
• A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, recognition and employee engagement, coaching and development, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
• Demonstrated ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity with a high degree of professionalism.
• Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with employees at all levels.
PERKS & BENEFITS
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
• Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Wellness Program that pays up to $200 per year
• Collaborative & Open Office Environment
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!