DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. We hire the best and brightest employees with offices in Texas (HQ), California, Utah, Wisconsin, Kaliningrad RU, and Bangalore, India.
The Product Owner Team Manager is a key role within the Product Management team. This person is ultimately responsible for ensuring consistent customer experience and reaching our business objectives through creating an effective, empowered product owner organization and inspiring those around them to achieve more together. This role will contribute to the vision of the product and drive the execution of the product roadmap. The Product Owner Team Manager will help define and measure success for a project as well as to measure success for their employees.
• Actively manage, mentor, measure and grow the product owner team
o Managing day to day employee requests
o Conducting one-on-ones
o Hire new employees
o Hold employees accountable
o Mentoring employees
o Creating, monitoring and helping to define KPIs to measure progress of product delivery to maximize efficiency.
• Work and communicate effectively across various business functions including executives, engineering, design, marketing, communications and sales
• Assist in creating product best practices and methods to measure effectiveness
• Oversee execution of agile principles in order to achieve business objectives
• Evaluate product progress at each stage to achieve roadmap milestones
• Act as liaison between technical and business resources, and help mitigate and manage conflicts, risks, and issues.
• Assist the product owner team in developing an enterprise product epic backlog, as well as a prioritized user stories backlog for implementation
• Maintain a global product view to assure a consistent look and feel for the CRM suite of products.
• 7+ years of experience with demonstrated success in a product role or comparable experience leading an organization
• 3+ years of experience as a hands-on Product Owner.
• Preferred experience in one or more of the following areas:
o SaaS Products
o Mobile Products
o UX/UI Design
o Automotive Industry
• Strong familiarity implementing Agile methodologies
• Technology understanding a plus
• Experience managing Product Owners / Product Development teams
• Understanding of VersionOne, MS Suite
• Ability to interact with confidence, provide clarity, and add value with the C-Suite through meetings, emails and presentations
• Agile Product Manager / Product Owner; CBAP or BABOK certification, a distinct plus