This Job Description indicates the major duties required, but does not
include all the duties and qualifications required of an employee
Job Title: Database Administration Manager - Linux
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. We hire the best and brightest employees with offices in Dallas Texas (HQ), Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin, Kaliningrad RU, and Bangalore, India. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their automotive business and efficiently manage their teams. Equally important is our visualization of clients’ needs to provide them the information they need to understand how their business is performing and what changes could be made to improve their performance.
This position is responsible for acting as a technical resource for the support and administration of Linux-based database technologies. This is a “hands on” manager capable of running the daily operations of the Linux DBA team while contributing technically in large scale production and development environments across multiple products. This position continually evaluates the entire Linux data topology to identify and create plans to address performance issues, architectural shortcomings, and other opportunities for improvement. This position requires strong organizational and collaboration skills and partnering with numerous distributed teams is a must for success.
· Responsible for operation and administration for DealerSocket’s database management systems including, but not limited to, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Elastic Search, ELK.
· Contribute to activities that architect, implement, integrate, secure and support database management systems in alignment with company goals and objectives.
· Participate in capacity management and forecasting of database services
· Create and maintain database management systems documentation and runbooks
· Maintain services within defined SLA guidelines and provide metric and KPI reporting.
· Ensure production data servers maintain the company's requirements for HA/DR, Security, and RPO/RTO
· Provide on-call support (as part of a rotation) for production alerts or issues both during and outside normal working hours
· Provide support during maintenance windows or deployment/release activities
· Join war-room calls to triage and troubleshoot outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
· Build and improve automation around configuring and administering various servers
· Optimize performance of various servers and determine the most effective ways to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
· Create and maintain procedural and technical documentation
· Collaborate with other teams in enterprise level projects and provide support / guidance as needed
· Provide assistance for code reviews, database architecture, query design, and other database best practices
· Lead assigned projects from initial concept and drive to successful completion
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or related experience
Experience / Requirements:
· Experience in large and diverse Linux database environments (5+ years preferred)
· In depth knowledge of the administration, deployment, and maintenance of Linux data technologies
o MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Elastic Search, ELK, etc.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
· Ability to write effective technical documentation with attention to detail and accuracy
· In depth knowledge of Monitoring and Alerting Management systems
· Skilled in Change Streams and other Data Replication technologies
· Project Management skills
· On-call troubleshooting within a 24/7 production environment and providing escalation support as necessary
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with various departments such as Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Project Management, etc...
· Knowledge of the Agile Methodology
· Familiarity with CI/CD concepts as they apply to the data tier
¨ Attend training conferences and sessions that may require travel
¨ While on-call be available by phone 24/7 and be able to get online immediately should an outage occur